Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thank You Cupcakes


I made these lemon cupcakes as a Thank You to my son's schoolteachers for taking care of our turtle while we were away. It is very belated as we have been back from our holiday for more than two weeks! When my hubby saw me making them last night, he said, "You mean you still haven't given them yet?" And when I took them to school this morning, my almost-six-year-old asked me what they were for and I told him. "NOW only you're giving them??" was his response. Sigh, sor-rie!

I actually meant to make a turtle topper, either with fondant or marshmallow or something. But lazy me decided to just have a swirl and a flower on the cupcake. What can I say? I think laziness is in my genes ;p. Sisters, what do you think??

The lemon cupcakes were light and moist. And the frosting was whipped white chocolate and lemon ganache. There was no icing sugar in the frosting but it was still very sweet. I have to say, I'm not a fan of white chocolate but this frosting works well. One bad thing is the heat though. I had to switch on the air-conditioning while I was frosting the cakes. Even then, it wasn't quite enough. Oh, well. I hope the teachers enjoyed them anyway.

1 comment:

  1. yes, we are all super lazy. =P Like I have big plans for Pauline's birthday cupcakes too...... =P

    ReplyDelete