Tuesday, August 18, 2009

baking down under

Photos, as promised. I don't know how to edit the photos with the "A Touch of Frost Cakes" text; although I am positive it's not aesthetically pleasing enough for people to want to curi my photos.

Chocolate Cake

I baked a chocolate cake for hubby to take to work - needless to say, they all work on Excel spreadsheets all day long. Wasn't too happy about my icing, but my dear sister FrostyD has helped me identify what went wrong. Can't wait to try it again!

I haven't yet gotten my MIL's bazooka Kenwood mixer, so cupcake-baking has been put on hold for a while. I did, however, venture into muffin-baking, since it didn't need much mixing:

Strawberry-Chocolate Muffins


Cherry Crunch Muffins

I started baking berry muffins because they have been in season and soooo cheap - at times you could get around AUD5-7 per kilogram of strawberries or cherries. Only thing is that they're usually quite ripe, and would need to be cooked or consumed relatively soon after purchase.

I wonder what, and when, will be my next berry venture..?

2 comments: