Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blueberry and Maple Syrup Cupcakes


I made these blueberry and maple syrup cupcakes for my almost-six-year-old and his friends. There was no special occasion. I made them because he asked me. He was leafing through one of my cupcake books - Cupcakes by Sue McMahon - and going "Hmm, this looks nice!" "Oh, this looks yummy!" Then he asked me why don't I try to make all the different cupcakes in that book. I was like, "Er, I don't think so!" I asked him to choose one and he chose this one. Of course, the picture in the book looked infinitely better than this one. But it tastes really good, and not sickeningly sweet either.
Back to trying to make every single cupcake in the book. Maybe I should set myself a challenge. Like the Cupcake Queen (check out http://52cupcakes.blogspot.com/). She has challenged herself to make ALL 175 recipes in Martha Stewart's Cupcakes: 175 Inspired Ideas for Everyone's Favorite Treat. She is on the sixth one now. There are actually a couple of recipes there I would like to try myself.
Anyway, can I make every single recipe in a book? Hmmm...........................probably not! WAY too lazy ;p I know I don't have to make them all in a few weeks or whatever, but what if there's something there that I dislike? Do I have to try making them too? So, let's just leave all this to the 'professionals'! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment