Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chocolate Cake. Again.


A friend's colleague ordered this chocolate cake for, very obviously from the picture, her mum's birthday. This order was taken through my friend, R, but I didn't know that until yesterday! Let me explain. A week ago, R called me and said "My colleague wants to order your chocolate cake. How much is it?", etc, etc. I told her I'd get back to her. So later, I texted her the price and to let me know if her colleague was still interested in ordering. She replied, "Yes. I have giver her your contact details." Ok, at this point, I just assumed that her colleague would contact me directly to place the order.
A few days later, I texted R and said, "I still haven't heard from your colleague. Please tell her that if she wants the cake for Sat, to order by Thursday". R replied, "Yes, she still wants to order. I have already given her your number and address". And I STILL thought her colleague would call me herself to order the cake. Then yesterday, I texted R and said, "Er, you are not the middleman for your colleague, right? She still hasn't contacted me, so it means she doesn't want to order right?" R replied, "My dear, I confirmed that she wants to order when you texted me". Hmmm..... it would've been very awkward if her colleague turned up at my doorstep to collect a non-existent cake! ;p
Okay, was I a dodo or would you have made the same mistake? Er..........no, don't answer that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment