Sunday, August 23, 2009

So Long, Farewell....

...Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu!

We went to a leaving party organised by one of the mothers of my older son's schoolfriends. His kindergarten is very international and there are many mat salleh (caucasian) kids. His friends are French, German, Russian, English, Czech and Japanese as well as Singaporeans. Most of his friends have already left to go to international schools, since their term starts in August/Sept. My son will be going to a local school, so he doesn't leave his kindergarten until December.

Everyone was asked to bring some food/drinks and of course, I brought cupcakes. Heh, what else? I made chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting. I coloured blue for the boys and pink for the girls, and piped the children's names on each cupcake. I also had cut-out fondant to spell out the school's name, The Children's Place. I was very pleased with them and I'm glad they were very well-received!


Cupcakes for the boys


Cupcakes for the girls



2 comments: