Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Birthday P!


It is my friend, P's birthday today and she loves chocolate cakes so decided to bake these for her. It was quite funny when I was doing this because my oven is still conked so I STILL have to go over to my sister's house to make these. There was actually a problem with the weighing machine and I didn't realise it until I have put in the cocoa powder TOGETHER with the flour. Aiyoh........damn cia latt.....so I have to wing it andslowly get the weight right, albeit wrong proportion of flour to cocoa powder I think. The texture that came out was not as fluffy as how we would normally make it but still good so thank god! At least I did not have to make more because I was quite tired by then already.

By the way, I did have big plans to make one batch of 25 cupcakes so I can rolled the fondant and cut out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" but a lot of my friends are very healthy people and they only eat one or half or sometimes even none of the cupcakes. I always feel very sad when I see a lot of my cupcakes left so I rather not waste it and give less to them and then the rest to other people who will actually finish it. Hmmm.....actually, I donno if they are healthy or they just don't like my cupcakes. Anyway, like I said, I would rather give to other people who love and finish everything! I'm sure anyone who bakes or cooks could relate to what I am saying right?

7 comments:

  1. why is it so dark? you took the picture at night ah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. as usual, very bad at taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was lucky enough to taste some myself!

    Peeking into the box, the cupcakes looked like little black roses, waiting to be picked.

    The icing was evil and so was the cake. It took superhuman strength not to eat all 4 at once!

    thank you so much for the extra, delicious calories M!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you S for your comment and compliments! I am sure to pile you with more calories! =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think that the cupcakes were simply delicious AND they looked so pretty!!! my only complaint is that you didn't give me enough cupcakes!! (9 to a pregnant woman is like the equivalent of 3). bear in mind i have to share with b as well.
    i certainly do not fall into the "healthy friends" category and you can always make a whole batch of cupcakes just for me! i would gladly accept them! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha.....thank you E. I will make sure I give you more the next time ya?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cupcakes were excellent... Kam sia le! P

    ReplyDelete