Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sister No. 1!

I baked some Toblerone cupcakes yesterday. I got the recipe from TheRedDeer, which is a really lovely blog by the way. And her little munchkin is oh-so-cute! Anyway, I only followed the recipe for the vanilla and Toblerone cupcakes. I made a normal buttercream frosting with Toblerone added into it, instead of the Swiss Meringue Buttercream there. I have yet to try making SMBC though I really really would like to. I didn't this time because of two reasons. One, I had run out of eggs and I was just too lazy to go buy them (even though the shops are only 5 mins' walk away) and two, it was quite a hot day. But SMBC is definitely on my to-do list!

Moving on, I also didn't cut out a well in the cake to fill it with the frosting, as done so there. Again, I was too lazy (YES, it's that dreaded L-word again! If you are new reading this, please refer to our very first post! :P). Other than it being a bit too sweet (I think I put too much Toblerone into the frosting), it was really yummy.

These are dedicated to sister no. 1, who is celebrating her birthday in London.

Happy Birthday, Sis! I hope you're having a jolly good time! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oops. I actually posted my "SWEETNESS" comment in the wrong post. It should be here thought.
    Oh well...nevermind. Blame it on JET-LAG.

    Anyway, thanks for the BIRTHDAY GREETING...although I didn't get to taste those yummy Toblerone Cupcakes!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete