Thursday, September 24, 2009

MIA

Yes, I do realise that I've been missing in action for about two weeks. No, I haven't been on holiday (unfortunately). I've just been.........um, lazy. And there were other stuff (in my head, sad to say) going on. I've had a few orders of my chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting and other than those, I haven't really been baking. Oh, except that one time when I went to a friend's place. But that didn't work out so well as the frosting was really too sweet and I think my 'friends' didn't really enjoy them. I usually don't like my frosting too sweet either but I don't know what happened there. Oh, well!


I've been really 'out of it' lately. I had a minor accident a couple of weeks ago - I actually reversed into a PARKED car. I honestly don't know where I was then. Luckily, it was really minor. And then a few days later, as I was measuring ingredients for the chocolate cupcakes, I think I measured something wrongly as the cakes turned out very different from our usual fluffy and moist chocolate cupcakes. So I had to bake them all over again. I don't even know what I measured wrongly. Again, I don't know where my mind was. *sigh*

On a different note, last week, my almost six-year-old (he'll be six in two and a half weeks' time!) and I went on a Kids Fondant Cupcake Decorating Workshop. We learned how to make ladybirds, bees, beetles, turtles and elephants. Oh, and a rainbow. I have to say, it's A LOT of work. I don't think lazy me will be making these anytime soon.......hehehe. But it was fun, while it lasted. A tad too long (three hours!) for the kids though.

Note: There is nothing 'wrong' with the elephant's eyes. My son made them and when everyone asked him why the eyes look so funny, he said, "It's WINKING!" :D

2 comments: