Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Cookies

Yesterday, we had a baking session at my six-year-old's school. It started off when he asked his teacher why they were not making anything for Christmas (they made mooncakes for the Mooncake Festival). So when the teacher told me and said something about making cookies, I volunteered to help out.

We decided that I should prepare the dough and just let the kids cut out the cookies using Christmas cutters. There was something wrong with the oven and it took a long time for the cookies to bake. After they were baked, we had to wait for them to cool down so that the kids could frost them. I made some glace icing and coloured them red, blue, yellow and green.

It was a looooong morning and at first we thought maybe we should've had let them just frost the cookies (without the cookie-cutting process). But we figured we made the right decision because the kids had a blast!

2 comments: