Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Banana Cupcake vs. Banana Cupcake

Don't know if I've mentioned before, but I'll be selling cupcakes and muffins at my boys' school fair/ carnival/whatchamacallit this Sunday. Thus, have been wondering which banana cupcake recipe I should use. The moist and dense version with lemon frosting, OR the light, soft and fluffy version with cream cheese frosting.

I tell you.... Different people do INDEED have different tastes! My taste test over the weekend with some moms and kids proved that. Some liked the rich, moist banana texture. Some preferred the fluffier version for a cupcake. Some liked the tangy taste of lemon. Others preferred the creamy taste of the cream cheese.

So which am I gonna make?
Decided to go with the fluffier version but with lemon frosting. And maybe some with chocolate buttercream...

Anyway, here are some pictures from the taste test. I haven't really taken the time to do proper decoration .....LAZEEEEEEEEEE !!!


Even too lazy to wait!
Here, cupcakes were not yet totally cool before I slap-on the lemon frosting.


The following 3 photos are all banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting....made the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment