Monday, October 5, 2009

Oreo Cupcakes

It was a friend's birthday and so I decided to bake her some cupcakes. I didn't want to make any chocolate cupcakes as I've been baking them A LOT over the past few weeks. I decided on Oreo cupcakes as I seem to have quite a few packets of them. I can't remember why. Oh, ya. I've been meaning to make Martha Stewart's Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes (go to 52Cupcakes for recipe) but just haven't got round to it.

I didn't make it this time either because I didn't have any cream cheese. All I had in the fridge was a tub of the spreadable variety. And believe it or not, I did go to the shops to get them. And believe it or not, they were out of stock!

So I just made vanilla cupcakes and folded in some crushed oreos. And I made Cream Cheese Oreo frosting using the spreadable cream cheese that I had. I think that's why it's so soft, and also because I didn't put in as much icing sugar as required. Oh, I got the recipe for the frosting from TheRedDeer. Well, I followed the recipe but I didn't really follow the recipe. Er, guess that doesn't make any sense. Well, I didn't put as much icing sugar and I put in WAAAAAY too many oreos. I think that's why it looks so 'black', kinda like black sesame paste actually. But, but, saying all that, it's actually really yum.

Happy Birthday, S! I hope you enjoyed your birthday cupcakes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment