Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Little Munchkin turns 3!

Well, he turned 3 last week actually. For a few months before his birthday, he kept saying that he wanted a Barney cake to share with his friends. So that was what he got. I bought those edible icing images and they were ready-cut! Unlike the Thomas ones which I got for my older son's birthday. I sure had a tough time cutting them out! And these Barney ones had different images. I was very pleased with them. So I made chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting, stuck the images on top and piped stars all round. I think they were very well-received by all.


I didn't have any cake left as I brought them all to his school. So when I got home, I baked another cake (for the birthday song with the family at home) - this time a vanilla sponge baked in two sandwich tins. I spread Nutella in-between and just used the leftover buttercream I had from the cupcakes. For his name, I just used one of those ready-to-use gel icing. Hmmm..... now looking at the picture again, maybe I should've sprinkled some hundreds and thousands all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment