Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Green Tea Cupcakes

Yes, it looked like I had gone AWOL again. Well, I have been baking but they were the same stuff that I always do, so no point in posting them. But the other day, I decided to make green tea cupcakes. I had wanted to make them for a while but just never got round to it.

I looked through ALL my cupcake books but I couldn't find a recipe for green tea cupcakes. So of course I googled it. Oh, sorry, I did a Google search on it (is that right?). There were a few and I chose one from here. I halved the recipe and made 12 cupcakes. The cake was soft and fluffy but I couldn't really taste the green tea. Same with the frosting, and it was waaaaaay too sweet for my liking. You can't see it in the picture but the frosting was a very very pale green. The pictures on the website where I got the recipe from all had very nice green colour. Not sure if it was all natural?

If I make this again, I think I will increase the matcha powder in both the cake and frosting and reduce the icing sugar. Hmmm.....maybe it could be the brand of my matcha powder too. I'm sure that would affect the taste and colour of the cupcakes. Anyway, I WILL try this again. Someday.



2 comments:

  1. you can now use the verb "google" as it has been included in the Merriam-Webster and Oxford dictionaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tried this before too, but you're right, the green tea taste is veeeeeeeeeeeeeery faint.


    g

    ReplyDelete