Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day Cupcakes


My (almost) six-year-old son made these chocolate cupcakes for his daddy for Father's Day. With a little assistance from mummy of course. He measured out the flour and sifted it, cracked the egg, mix all the ingredients together and spoon the batter into the paper cases. I rolled out the fondant for him and he used cookie cutters to cut out the letters, a heart and a star. I made the buttercream frosting and he piped them onto the cupcakes and put the letters on top. This, without mummy's help :) Needless to say, Daddy (and Mummy!) was very pleased and proud!
Happy Father's Day to all daddies out there!

3 comments:

  1. He did very well with the piping. Well done, B!

    g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so too! I showed him how to do it, holding his hands and we did two together. And he did the rest! *proud mummy smile*

    ReplyDelete