Monday, July 11, 2011

Red Velvet cupcakes

And so, I finally had the opportunity to try and make my first ever batch of red velvet cupcakes. A tiniest bit undercooked, but overall all was well. I was very keen to try these ones from the Hummingbird Bakery book, despite the wee fact that I actually never favour them. It was really a case of doing it for the sake of doing it!

A work colleague is leaving the organisation and so I thought I'd make cupcakes for the pot-luck farewell lunch tomorrow. I doubled the recipe so Husband could take some to work as well (I always say it is so that his colleagues will remind him what an awesome wife I am while he is at work! :P) Even though it was easily 1am by then (it's 1.42am now), I had so much fun writing stuff on his cupcakes for his workmates I couldn't stop. Thought it'd be amusing to have whimsical words on the cupcakes, seeing that everyone at work must be ridiculously stressed now (Husband had come home from work at 11pm)


No comments:

Post a Comment