Saturday, July 25, 2009

Valrhona Chocolate Cake

If you read the previous post, you would understand why there was a lack of posts for a week or two. Both sisters from Jakarta and London and yours truly were back in Kuala Lumpur. Why were there no posts from Kay-El and Melbourne, you ask. Er, I did mention in our very first post that we are a group of lazy sisters, did I not? ;p

Anyway, we're all back from our holidays. Well, except sister no. 1 who lives in Jakarta. She is still on holiday and will be so for another month! So, don't be expecting any posts from her for a while yet.

We (my hubby, two sons and I) went to Krabi in Thailand for a few days to celebrate hubby's birthday. My almost-six-year-old and I believe that a birthday is not a birthday without a cake. So, I arranged with the reception to have a cake delivered on his birthday. We ended up having dinner at one of the hotel restaurants, and at the end of our meal, the cake was brought out and the birthday song was sung. It was a chocolate cake (and hubby loves chocolate cakes) and it was a very pretty cake (see picture below - the long piece of chocolate actually has the words 'Happy Birthday' on it. Yes, yes, very 'dodo' of me to take the picture this way round.). The cake tasted ok, nothing to shout about.



So, when we returned to Singapore, I decided to make him another birthday cake. And of course, it had to be a chocolate cake. A Valrhona chocolate cake. It was a birthday cake only in name because we didn't have any wordings nor candles nor birthday song. Er, okay, okay, we had a cake just for fun then!

I didn't have any frosting in-between because I don't have the whatchamacallit, cake splitter??, to split the cake into two. It was just one whole cake with chocolate ganache. It's not very pretty (again, it's my photography skills. Or, ahem, lack of it!) but dang, it sure is goooooooood! And top it off with a scoop (or two) of vanilla ice-cream.....aaaahhhhh, heaven! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment